Monday, March 24, 2014

A Story from Luke

Caught in the Knick of Time!
Just seconds away from losing this bike
I couldn't believe it ... he was walking away with my bike! A few days ago, I had met up with a friend at a bank to open an account. Since we had to fill out some paperwork, we decided to do it over lunch. So I hopped on his motorcycle, leaving behind the bicycle I was borrowing in the care of the security guards - not bothering to lock it up.

 About an hour later, we pulled up to the garage of the bank, and something caught my eye. A teenage boy dressed in his school uniform was walking a bicycle out, as we were going in. The bike looked familiar, and I did a double take. Sure enough, it was the $150 bike I was borrowing! I jumped off the motorcycle and ran to the bike and grabbed it. I gave the lad a brief lecture of “Thou shalt not steal.” He probably didn’t understand what I was saying, but definitely knew why I was saying it!
As I walked the bike back in, I told the security guards what happened. They were quite sorry, yet relieved. Yes, I proceeded to lock it up before leaving it out of my sight again. I realized that though I can’t take ANYTHING for granted, God still sees everything. Had we been 5 seconds later, I would not have been able to stop the thief! Praise the Lord, He is a PRESENT help in trouble.

If you would like to hear more from Luke check out our website. www.KnickerbockerFamily.com 

2 comments:

  1. Several years ago, our newly-retired sheriff had a bike stolen that had a lot of sentimental value. We prayed, and a few days later they were driving down a street when the thief rode by on Dan's bike. Still a sworn officer, Dan stopped him and retrieved it.

    ReplyDelete