Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Tibetan Celebration

This past weekend we were invited to a special event. We weren't sure what was going to happen. It was to celebrate some students that had come from America to learn of different cultures. They had finished their studies and would be heading home soon. Our whole family was invited so we went. I packed some coloring papers and different things for the kids to do just in case they wouldn't be interested in what was going on.

Boy was I wrong!!

They had a group of Tibetan dancers and singers. It was kind of like a play they put on for us. I took a bunch of videos of what was going on. Rather than show you all the videos at the same time I will post one every few days so that you won't get bored with it. But I can tell you being there live was awesome. Our whole family sat stunned for an hour and a half watching--even the kids. It was great.

Here is the first one.

They would do a dance and then stop and talk for a little bit like a musical skit or something. I just wish I knew what they were saying.



This is also the traditional festival clothing.

The men normally wear western type clothing. 
The ladies clothing is somewhat similar just less ornamental.



This is what you would see in every day wear for the Tibetan ladies.


1 comment:

  1. Ok video works on my computer but not on phone. How cool. I wish I had been there.

    ReplyDelete