Saturday, March 29, 2014

Working on my Gag Reflexes

So before we came to Nepal I worked really hard at eating foods I didn't really like to eat. So that I could teach my "gag reflexes" that it wouldn't kill me to eat certain things. I new on the mission field when someone serves you something you have to eat it or drink it or you will risk offending someone.

Yesterday I was served a cup of coffee with a little bit of sugar in it. Now for those of you who know me, you know I don't like coffee. I've already been practicing drinking cold coffee, and actually enjoy a Mocha Frappacino or something similar, but this wasn't cold, and wasn't mocha.

But I did it. I drank the whole thing with a smile on my face! I kind of feel like I accomplished something!!

6 comments:

  1. Haha good job. I thought it was going to be like Survivor though, and they served you bugs or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess God decided to make your first challenge relatively pleasant :)

    He's very compassionate even in the little things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I guess it depends on how you look at it. Once I burned my tongue I couldn't taste it much so I just swallowed in big gulps.

      Delete
  3. How could you not enjoy it in that beautiful cup!

    ReplyDelete